Big Wolf and Little Wolf, The Little Leaf That Wouldn't Fall
- Written by Nadine Brun-Cosme and illustrated by Olivier Tallec;
- Copyright © 2009; Enchanted Lion Books, Brooklyn, New York;
- This is a book about courage and love.
- Little Wolf desires a special leaf for a very long time.
- Big Wolf makes a very risky effort in order to make Little Wolf happy.
- Little Wolf worries for Big Wolf's safety and wonders if the leaf is worth it.
- Big Wolf witnesses Little Wolf's happiness when the leaf falls to him and smiles.
- Lovely prose describes the smell, sight, and touch of the leaf that thrills Little Wolf.
- Little Wolf worries again as Big Wolf makes the dangerous climb down from the tall tree.
- The story ends with smiles and words of appreciation and Big Wolf is certain that it was well worth the effort.
- This is a book that perhaps needs to be read many times to capture to the nuances and vibrant emotions that the words and images convey in this beautiful relationship.